This organisation are looking for a interim consultant who is competent in Project Programme Management, Budget Management, Experience in Capital/Planned Maintenance Works, Managing Contractors.
The purpose of this job is to project manage the Decent Homes Programme which will total approximately £90M over three years. This will involve management of the internal team, contracts and contractors, ensuring spend and a quality product.
* Project Managing the Decent Homes contracts to ensure spend is achieved; that work is carried out according to programme and to a high standard. To forecast spend and profile of work to ensure budget spend is achieved.
* To work closely with the Asset Manager to help lead, motivate and manage a team of people working on Decent Homes, including surveyors, and quantity surveyors, Clerks of Work and Contract Administrators.
* To ensure that effective contact governance arrangements are in place with contractors and that they are effectively monitored and managed. This will include that there are regular operational meetings with contractors and performance managing contractors.
* Ensuring that the contractors have timely programme properties and associated asset information to enable work to be carried out. This will include Decent Homes and asbestos survey information.
* Ensuring effective budgetary control with no underspends or overspends. Any budget issues must be brought immediately to the attention of the Head of Property Services, Capital Programme Manager and Strategic Client Manager.
* Ensuring that there are mechanisms in place to post inspect work, and that are robust systems in place authorising timely payment to contractors.
* Ensuring that end of year accounts and budget information are prepared accurately and timely. Ensuring that final accounts are prepared, checked, authorised and paid in a timely manner and that all issues are identified and dealt with.
* Ensure that there are effective mechanisms in place for consulting tenants, keeping them informed and that the tenant liaison role is effective. This will include informing tenants when work will be carried out, what work will be done, and dealing with any support that needs to be provided, particularly to vulnerable tenants. This will include attending tenants’ meetings, and leading the tenant monitoring steering panel. Some meetings will be outside office hours.
* Ensure that stock condition information is updated regularly with work done so that the new decency levels can be identified.
* Produce monthly performance information including information on budget spend, completions, refusals, satisfaction, stock condition, and progress towards decency. Ensure arrangements are in place to monitor and report performance and that corrective and preventative action is put in place where necessary in accordance with Risk Management Strategy.
* Managing S20 process through liaison with Leasehold services to make sure that consultation is carried out and that arrangements are in place to charge leaseholders where appropriate. This will include building leasehold consultation into delivery work timetables.
* Working with contractors to ensure planning application work flow process is managed in accordance with formal agreements with the Councils Planning Department for Decent Homes programme Delivery.
* To directly manage Clerk of Works to ensure strict control over contractors, quality of works and expatiates snagging issues in order to minimise the inconvenience to residents.
* To liaise with Business Support team and external organisations to ensure effective administrative and storage of statutory documents.
* To ensure that all health and safety issues are addressed in relation to staff, customers and all other persons, complying with corporate procedures. This will include ensuring that all necessary method statements and risk assessments are update in place and assimilated by all staff, that there is effective training. This will include ensuring that all necessary arrangements for CDM are in place and regularly monitored through the CDM team.
* The post holder must have excellent high level project management skills, with experience of managing multi million pound contracts, managing multiple contracts over a number of different locations at the same time. Highest spend in one year to be achieved will be approximately £40million.
* The post holder must also have the required skill to manage a multi disciplinary team of quantity surveyors, surveyors, Clerks of Work and Contract Administrators.
* The post holder must be able to forecast spend to ensure that up to £40m is spent in any one year.
* Educated to graduate level or equivalent, with management qualification or equivalent experience
* Degree level or equivalent qualification in Building Construction/Maintenance
* Extensive knowledge and experience of project management with a demonstrable track record of successful achievement in this area –likely to be five years experience on order to be able to show the skill set required.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP
Share this post