This organisation are looking to recruit a temporary principal Urban Designer on a temporary basis for 6 months initally.
The Principal Urban Design Officer will produce and oversee Masterplanning and development schemes in the Borough, and lead on other regeneration initiatives, and supervise staff to manage heritage assets in the Borough.
You should match the following criteria:
* In-depth technical knowledge and understanding of urban design and planning policies and related legislation
* Experience in preparing locally specific evidence base studies relating to urban design, particularly in the context of Local Plans
* Demonstrable experience in the negotiation on design aspects of development proposals and planning applications, with positive outcomes
* Experience in identification of broader urban design opportunities within a locality / local authority area
* Experience in a local planning authority context, particularly urban design and the assessment of development applications
* Demonstrates an ability to maintain an up- to- date professional awareness and application of legislation, local, sub-regional and national policy, professional developments and political announcements to the area of work.
* Demonstrates leadership skills and fosters powerful and productive working relationships both within the service, across the Council and externally.
* Ability to presenting evidence or advice in public
* Work with computer systems including sketch-up, In-Design, Map Info (Urban Designer)
* Aware of a wide range of information sources both internally and externally connected with work of section and able to get the information needed without direction of manager.
* Produces a wide range of written communications which are clear, fluent, concise and jargon-free, and are readily understood by the recipient. Writes on complex issues and contributes to reports.
* Manages time and prioritises work in short and longer term in and effective and productive way. Produces comprehensive work plan and takes corrective action.
* Makes rational, realistic and sound decisions based on consideration of all the facts and alternatives available.
* Degree or diploma in Urban Design, Town Planning, Architecture or other designed based discipline
* Membership of The Royal Town Planning Institute or Equivalent (or working towards)
To apply please forward your CV ASAP