This organisation are looking for a Temporary Commissioning Manager on an interim basis for 6 months initially.
This post will assist the County Commissioners by providing specialist advice and support to the Organisation and key Stakeholders with regard to housing and care markets to improve outcomes for the people of Staffordshire.
Although working to a defined portfolio the postholder will be expected to be flexible across all portfolios and ensure that cross cutting issues are identified and developed. This post will be based within Older People & Market Development but will work across all Care Needs Groups including Learning Disability and Mental Health.
* To assist the County Commissioner in the strategic planning and transformation of Adult Social Care, and Engagement with health and social care services to improve access, service delivery, patient/client/carer experience, efficiency and clinical outcomes.
* Support the development of a commissioning strategies commissioning intentions and commissioning delivery plans.
* To take specific lead responsibility for:-
- Developing the Adult Social Care’s strategic approach for Housing, Care and Health
- Focusing on business development to ensure effective use of housing to achieve the Adult Social Care vision and building effective partnerships across all sectors
- Leading on the development of the Older People Housing Pathway
- Contributing to the delivery of strategic priorities (e.g. BCF, review of Supported Living, MTFS etc) and leading specific areas of work and projects as required.
* To support the work of Clinical Commissioning Groups and other commissioners within Staffordshire. Including joint needs assessment, development of plans and design of services and outcomes.
* Ensure all strategies and services are designed to reflect national targets and local priorities and reflect national best practice.
* Contribute to the improvement in the delivery of services and provide reports as required demonstrating such progress.
* Develop and maintain reporting systems to ensure progress against targets are tracked and that where there are risks to delivery these are reported/ escalated as appropriate and that mitigating actions are put into place.
* To contribute to the improvement in the delivery of health and social care services; provide reports to the Care team, CCGs and other partner organisations to demonstrate such progress as required.
* To work closely with other teams in the strategic centre and districts, to develop strong links to work on service planning for the care team, business processes, IT developments, risk management, value for money, workforce planning and quality assurance.
* Work with the procurement and quality team to implement and maintain processes, systems and procedures for initiating and managing a diverse range of service level agreements and legal contracts, ensuring adherence to required standards and good practice and to actively develop and manage the provider market to meet gaps in provision.
* Support the County Commissioners with commissioning of services, including supporting the quality and procurement team in drawing up of appropriate agreements between commissioning and providing agencies.
* Develop effective working, joint approaches and lead arrangements with others to improve the outcomes of joint commissioning through effective working relationships with providers, effective locality/district implementation arrangements of the joint commissioning strategies for all relevant client groups, participation in inter-agency working groups related to service planning and joint service development such as integration or joint commissioning and contributing to the development of inter-agency strategies and plans as appropriate.
* To provide information and research as required for external regulatory and inspection bodies such as the CQC/ Ofsted, and to develop information systems for the effective identification of need and commissioning of services.
* Work with the wider County Council to implement and maintain processes, systems and procedures for initiating and managing a diverse range of service level agreements and legal contracts, ensuring adherence to required standards and good practice and to actively develop and manage the provider market to meet gaps in provision.
* Produce regular and ad-hoc reports as required, including contributing and research in the preparation of reports for external reviews.
You should match the following criteria:
* Degree or equivalent, professional qualification or other evidence of considerable analytical abilities
* Demonstrate commitment to continuing professional development
* Minimum of 3 years strategy and commissioning experience in a relevant field affiliated to health and social care
* Extensive knowledge of public sector, social care and health and NHS policy, services and legislation
* Knowledge of the planning and delivery of services in relation to Health and Adult Social Care
* Knowledge of the roles of local authority departments, PCTs, Provider Trusts, Health Services and voluntary organizations in relation to the needs of mental health/ older people/ learning disabilities/ physical and sensory disability
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal forms with a variety of audiences complex and potentially sensitive/contentious information
* Experience of identifying user/career/patient and stakeholder perspectives in strategy development
* Experience of developing strategies and services in partnership with customers and stakeholders
* Ability to analyse complex facts or situations, interpret or compare a range of options and translate into practical advice
To apply please forward your CV ASAP
Share this post