A leading international multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy are currently seeking a Principal level Flood Risk Engineer for their office in central London. The company operates in several markets including the infrastructure, energy, environmental and property markets, providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of clients.
Essentially the role will involve the development of sustainable drainage strategies for development projects, along with the production of FRAs in accordance with NPPF guidelines. Our client also provides due diligence flood risk advice to landowners and conduct flood studies in the public sector.
- Degree qualified in relevant engineering discipline
- Extensive experience working with public and private sector clients in the production of FRAs, drainage strategies and hydraulic modelling.
- Proficient in use of industry modelling software Tuflow, Isis and FEH, with experience of supervising junior modellers.
- Competent in use of Micro Drainage / WinDes
- Ability to identify and communicate flooding and drainage related constraints and opportunities at development sites
- Experience producing and reviewing a wide range of FRAs and drainage strategies
- Working knowledge of flood related policy and guidance such as the NPPF and SuDS Manual
- Good project management and communication skills in a client facing role
- Ability to write clear and concise reports
- Ability to supervise and motivate others
Should this role be of interest, or