This role for a Business Support Supervisor has been released on a temporary basis initially for 6 months. You must have supervisory experience. Knowledge of Learner Track database an advantage. The hours are 18.5 per week to be carried out on a Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Hours per day to be arranged with the successful candidate.
You will allocate and check the work of the Business Support Team and provide a wide range of administrative and financial tasks for professional staff with the Children, Adults & Health department. The role will require you to organise the resources available to ensure an efficient and effective service, which will include developing staff and ensuring timely and accurate completion of work. You will also have the responsibility for overseeing the day to day specialised database, the financial services and general administrative support requirements in the department.
This role is crucial in organising and providing an excellent, flexible and diverse administrative service ensuring compliance with statutory requirements of the department in a constantly changing environment.
You'll use in-house databases to keep records updated and accurate and will help with research and collation of information for reports and assist officers in drafting documentation across a variety of work areas including children’s and adults social service teams, education, special educational needs and health.
The role will also involve supervising staff and work projects and will be involved in the coordination of the work of the Business Support Officers and Assistants, with the aim of providing an efficient and consistent support service for staff and managers across the Department of Children, Adults and Health.
You should match the following criteria:
* You will have experience of working in a similar environment or within a similar role.
* You will hold a minimum qualification of 3 grade C’s at GCSE (or equivalent) including English and Maths or relevant experience to an equivalent level.
* You will be able to collate information from a variety of sources and present findings.
* You will be able to prioritise workloads to meet peaks in demand.
* You will be flexible and resilient to be able to meet deadlines.
* You will have good communication skills
* You will have good literacy skills to be able to contribute to writing clear, accurate and concise reports.
* You will have effective IT and numeracy skills including the ability to accurately update information systems and databases.
* You will have experience of allocating and checking work.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP