Working for a leading and reputable Insurance Company in the heart of the City, this role is a managerial position where the primary responsibility is to manage all aspects of Special Lines (PI, D&O, Financial Lines) and Liability claims arising on policies underwritten. The responsibility extends from first advice, whether directly to the Syndicate or to any delegated authority provider, through to liaison with the Reinsurance Department and Reinsurers as necessary.
Reporting to the Head of Claims, you will have excellent technical knowledge of the International Special Lines and Liability Insurance / Reinsurance market with a proven track record in a similar role or ideally from a Legal Practice as a qualified solicitor.
Duties to include:-
- Management of third parties, including TPA’s, Adjusters, Lawyers and Cover holders to the level desired and necessary for the business including planning and executing audits and contracts terms and monitoring against SLA’s.
- Production and delivery of detailed reports, written and data based reports (e.g. triangles, account level analysis, renewal stats etc).
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to review, reconcile and process large volumes of data quickly and able to summarise positions quickly and concisely.
- Strong understanding of the current regulatory requirements around claims management in the London market, including delegated authorities.
- Mentoring of Technical Claims staff, both as an individual and as part of the management team.
- Strong negotiation skills, with real time experience of adversarial scenarios.
Experience in managing large teams is a prerequisite. Should you wish to discuss further please submit your CV or call Ryan Gillespie at Hillman Saunders ASAP. Please only respond if your CV matches the above criteria.