An excellent opportunity has come up to join a leading supplier of service to the MoD as an Arboriculture Officer.
Maintain the quality and level of service delivery, ensuring that the landscape is appropriately enhanced and all contractual obligations across the MoD Estate are met.
- Implement and manage all processes associated with amenity tree management to ensure contract compliance
- Provide technical support on tree maintenance, safety and management to all stakeholders in connection with the maintenance of the Estate, and ensure the safe delivery of tree works in consultation with the SHEF Manager
- Manage tree surveys and inspections, ensure reports are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure that 15-monthly surveys of all amenity trees include a hazard evaluation and prioritisation of maintenance works to enable an appropriate response within an acceptable timescale
- Prepare specifications and reports on new or existing works as required
- Implement and manage improvement and/or restoration works for designated sites in consultation with Project Managers
- Ensure that all works to be undertaken are in compliance with Health, Safety, Sustainability, Quality and Environmental Guidelines and Regulations, Codes of Practice and other statutory requirements prior to the release of any work programme to the Supply Chain
- Liaise with the Sustainability Manager to ensure that the environmental impact of arboricultural works are considered fully
- Monitor the disposal of waste and ensure that all documentation is available, where necessary
- Manage the Supply Chain partners to deliver compliant service delivery in a timely manner
- Provide reports and/or data, as necessary, to support contract performance and compliance.
- Liaise with local site management and the military customer to ensure that all tree works are planned and undertaken in an agreed manner with minimum of disruption to operational needs.
- Support the Grounds Officer at MOD Conservation Group (and other) meetings.
Comply with the Organisation's Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Minimum Level 3 qualification in arboriculture, urban forestry or urban woodland management.
- Significant industry-based experience.
- IT literate with a good understanding of MS Office applications.
- Full UK driving license.
- Professional approach to inspections and surveys and the production of reports.
- Good understanding of the key trades and accepted standards of workmanship.
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety and environmental guidelines and legislation.
- Knowledge and experience of working within strict ISO 9001/14001/18001 policies and procedures.
- Ability to develop constructive or productive working relationships .
- Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills .
- Ability to travel extensively between sites and, on a temporary (short term) basis, between adjoining contract areas.
If you think this could be an ideal role for you apply now.