I am looking for a forester to join a leading supplier of services to the MoD on a permanent basis. You will be reporting to the forestry manager to establish and maintain agreed levels of forestry management plans.
- Implement and manage all processes associated with Forestry Management to ensure contract compliance.
- Provide technical support on Forestry maintenance, safety and management to all stakeholders in connection with the maintenance of the Estate, and ensure the safe delivery of tree works in consultation with the SHEF Manager.
- Produce and maintain all forestry management plans, ensure reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare specifications and reports on new or existing works as required
- Implement and manage improvement and/or restoration works for designated sites in consultation with Project Managers.
- Ensure that all works to be undertaken are in compliance with Health, Safety, Sustainability, Quality and Environmental Guidelines and Regulations, Codes of Practice and other statutory requirements prior to the release of any work programme to the Supply Chain.
- Liaise with the Sustainability Manager to ensure that the environmental impact of forestry works are considered fully.
- Monitor the disposal of waste and ensure that all documentation is available, where necessary.
- Manage the Supply Chain partners to deliver compliant service delivery in a timely manner.
- Provide reports and/or data, as necessary, to support contract performance and compliance
- Liaise with local site management and the military customer to ensure that all forestry works are planned and undertaken in an agreed manner with minimum of disruption to operational needs.
- Support the Grounds Managers at MOD Conservation Group (and other) meetings.
- Comply with the Organisation's Equality and Diversity Policy.
- Ability to work alone.
- Willingness to travel to different site across the region.
- Full UK driving licence.
- Good knowledge of health and safety.
- Knowledge of working within ISO 9001/14001/18001 policies and procedures.
- Recognised forestry qualification.
- Extensive forestry experience.
- Competent IT user.
If you think this could be an ideal role for you apply now.