We are pleased to present an excellent opportunity within Flood Risk / Drainage design on behalf of our client based in Birmingham. They are looking for an Assistant grade engineer with a background in Flood Risk and Drainage projects to join their newly established team. In the role you will have the opportunity to work on nationally significant projects across the highway, rail, residential and energy sectors, working with private developers and local authorities.
The ideal candidate will be someone with experience in delivering Flood Risk Assessments and Drainage Strategies, as well as the production and co-ordination of foul and surface water drainage design, river restoration/design, environmental impact assessment, and other civil engineering works within the water/environment industry.
Applicants should have at least a higher education qualification in a relevant science discipline, however consideration would also be given to suitable candidates with relevant experience. A strong background in Water industry legislation, with an understanding of the technical aspects of the industry is preferred. Applicants should also have strong organizational and communication skills, and take a practical approach to problem solving. Chartered status or working towards Chartered status (ICE/CIWEM) would be an advantage.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficient in undertaking Flood Risk Assessments/Flood Consequence Assessments within the context of NPPF and TAN 15
- Experience in undertaking outline and detailed Drainage Strategies and SuDS design
- Some experience in river restoration scheme design, fluvial geomorphology and EIA/WFD compliance assessments would be valuable but not essential.
- Experience in carrying out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervision of sub-contractors.
- Understanding of legislation such as NPPF, Flood & Water Management Act, WFD and best practice relating to drainage, flood risk and the water environment
- Awareness or experience of hydraulic modelling techniques, Microdrainage, FEH and AutoCAD/GIS
To register your interest and submit an application please respond to the advert accordingly. Alternatively feel free to contact myself directly on firstname.lastname@example.org / 01179174560.