Senior Ecologist/Team Leader
London & Birmingham
Salary - £30,000 - £40,000
My client is continuing its steady expansion by looking to recruit a Senior Ecologists/Team Leader for their new London and Birmingham Offices.
These are excellent opportunities to join a progressive and growing ecology consultancy practice. The successful candidates will lead and grow new ecology teams within these offices, working with their existing team of ecologists, and alongside landscape planners and arboriculturalists, on projects throughout the UK. You will be involved with undertaking and managing ecological impact assessment work in a range of sectors, undertaking surveys, liaising with clients, business development, as well as managing and mentoring other ecology team members.
The client offers:
- Competitive salaries and benefits
- A great working environment with an enthusiastic, friendly and growing team
- A wide range of clients and projects
- Excellent career prospects and training
What they are looking for:
Candidates should have solid experience of ecology consultancy or a similar employment:
Your skills and qualifications should include:
- Excellent academic qualifications in ecology or biological sciences
- Team management and mentoring
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent survey skills (extended Phase I, plus a specialism in either botany or a protected species)
- Excellent understanding of legislative and planning policy framework as it relates to ecology and nature conservation
- Experience liaising with clients, statutory bodies and LPAs.
A proven track record in business development is required, as would the ability to mentor, develop and encourage more junior team members.
For further information on this role or to submit a CV please contact Jack Bartlett on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 616 7187 quoting the reference number ENV557.