This organisation are looking for 4 officers to work in the contact centre and 4 officers to work across our One Stop Shops (face to face) for the Garden Waste Subscriptions for 3 months initally.
They want officers to also register customers for our Sort It Centres using script based forms. The officers working in the One Stop Shop, will need dress code of business suit, rather than casual wear. The contact centre is based at Kingwood, whereas the OSS is based over 4 sites within the authority, eg Kingswood, Patchway, Thornbury and Yate. The 8 officers recruited, will need to be able to work in CC and/or OSS as we will be moving them around to cover peaks of work.
They are looking for Customer Care Officers who have experience in working in a customer facing environment and are able to work at any of our 4 locations:
• Kingswood Civic Centre (Corporate Contact Centre and One Stop Shop), High Street, Kingswood BS15 9TR
• Yate One Stop Shop (access via West Walk, Kennedy Way, Yate BS37 4DQ
• Thornbury One Stop Shop, Thornbury Library, St Mary Street, Thornbury BS35 2AA
• Patchway One Stop Shop, The Patchway Hub, Rodway Road, Patchway BS34 5PE
Summary of Post
You will be dealing with customers who wish to apply or renew their garden waste subscription either in the Corporate Contact Centre (telephone) or in our One Stop Shop (face to face). You will obtain and record information sufficient for service requests to be processed using script based forms. This will include:
* Processing customers subscriptions to the garden waste service
* Booking garden waste sack collections
* Processing change in circumstances, which will include house moves
The post holder will need good communication skills to deal with the customers who will mainly be members of the public.
* To resolve enquiries either by telephone or face to face, update computer records as appropriate and to provide advice on all aspects of the waste and recycling service area
* The ability to use tact and diplomacy to resolve enquiries. This involves the ability to communicate effectively and express complex and technical concepts and procedures in ways that are understandable.
* To liaise with other Council Departments and other external organisations as appropriate, in order to resolve enquiries.
* Ensuring that the work is undertaken in accordance with legislation, council policy and the operational service plan of the section.
* To ensure compliance with the Council’s Equal Opportunities Policy, Data Protection Act and the Council’s Financial Regulations.
* You may have an NVQ Level 2 (Customer Care or Call Handling) or equivalent or have similar level of relevant experience.
* You will have customer service experience in a similar environment.
* Knowledge of script based systems.
* You will have good IT skills and the ability to be trained on bespoke software and databases, such as Outlook, Microsoft Office, Cisco, CRM and Mayrise
* You will have the initiative and judgement to identify problems and raise them with senior colleagues as appropriate.
* You will have good verbal and written communication skills and a focus on customer needs.
* You will have the appropriate skills to undertake financial transactions, such as taking payments.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP
Share this post