Housing Maintenance Officer
Covering multiple sites around Taunton, exeter and Ilchester.
I am looking for a housing maintenance officer to join a leading supplier of services to the Ministry of Defence. You will be responsible for properties in a designated area making sure that service delivery is carried out within the contract.
- Ensure voids are regularly inspected and report any issues in accordance with the established procedure.
- Report faults found and make safe.
- Deal with residual post.
- Ensure voids lawn cuts are completed.
- Ensure security by locking premises.
- Carry out monthly gas, water and electricity meter readings.
- Manage the delivery of moving appointments.
- Carry out any minor tasks required in voids using stock items e.g. replacing bulbs, bath plugs and chains etc. to make sure property meets required standard.
- Undertake inspections covering the annual review of asbestos containing materials in line with asbestos management place.
- Carry out road and paved area inspections and report defects.
- Carry out work in progress inspections.
- Ensure that all inspections and surveys carried out are entered onto centralised database.
- Carry out environmental audits.
- Interact with building occupants and deal with complaints.
Carry out any other duties as required in relation to property management.
- Experience in social housing / housing officer
- Understanding of key building trades
- Familiar with undertaking condition surveys.
- Good IT skills.
- Good knowledge of health & safety ideally holding a relevant qualification.
This would be an ideal role for someone who has worked as a housing officer or someone who has worked as maintenance engineer with a good understanding of all aspects of building maintenance.
If you think this could be the ideal role for you then APPLY NOW.