£30-40k + benefits
My client is an environment, energy and infrastructure consultancy with over 4,000 technical professionals and support staff located at more than 100 offices throughout the US and now in London. Established in the US during the 1960s, they provide integrated services to a broad range of clients with a global footprint.
Their UK operating arm was established with the opening of a London office in 2012, which offers environmental services to a broad cross section of organisations from the corporate, property and investment sectors. The UK business focuses on the provision of core environmental consulting services to corporate, private equity and property clients. Their services are solutions driven and include advice on environmental due diligence and transaction support; contaminated land investigation and remediation; environmental planning and permitting solutions; EHS management and compliance; and energy use reporting and reduction.
The UK business is seeking an environmental professional to join the rapidly growing Environmental Planning practice as an Acoustic Consultant. The successful candidate will have experience in project planning, noise and vibration monitoring, noise and vibration impact assessment and mitigation strategies. They should have a strong knowledge in environmental or building acoustics, with the ability to manage client relationships and develop new skill s and knowledge. Most importantly, they should be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work within an exciting, rapidly growing business environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Project management of site investigation and impact assessments including the provision of mitigation advice
- Managing field work and noise/vibration monitoring surveys as required to deliver project specific tasks
- Assisting in the preparation of proposals including formulation of work scopes and budgets
- Be client facing and able to liaise with local authorities and participate in discussions with clients and other stakeholders
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- BSc or higher (preferably post-graduate qualification, such as MSc) in environmental acoustics or environmental science with post-graduate experience
- UK environmental consulting experience
- Strong technical background knowledge within acoustics and vibration, including acoustic calculations and analysing complex and large noise data sets
- Detailed understanding of environmental regulations related to the assessment and management of environmental acoustics
- Excellent organisation, leadership, communication, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently or in a project team with excellent problem solving, writing, and presenting skills
- Must possess a driving licence and passport and be willing to travel
- Experience in specific applications, such as the use of the CadnaA noise modelling software;
- Working knowledge of current noise standards including BS:8233:2014, BS:4142:2014, and BB93 External and Internal Building Fabric Analysis ,in line with BS EN 12354-3:2000 and BS EN ISO 717-1:2013