£30,000 - £40,000 + benefits
My client are seeking a driven, energetic, technically excellent and business aware Senior or Principal Ecologist to join their Ecology Team in Gloucestershire.
The client have a diverse client base offering opportunities to be involved in a wide range of interesting and technically challenging projects. They pride themselves on their quality and ethical conscience and welcome applications from enthusiastic individuals.
The successful applicant would also have the unique opportunity to work alongside the client’s in-house habitats team, who work directly with their ecology teams to develop and deliver bespoke mitigation and enhancement schemes that provide genuine and lasting benefit for wildlife.
The position offers excellent opportunities for continued career progression.
Your Primary Responsibilities would be:
- Leading complex and challenging projects including client liaison, tender preparation and financial control to ensure effective delivery of projects to our high standards with the support of our Head of Ecology;
- Resource and workload planning including supervision of in-house and external staff;
- Fieldwork and technical report writing;
- Business development including expansion of client base; and
- Supporting and contributing to the Ecology Team’s vision and objections.
- Excellent technical report, fee proposal and tender writing capabilities;
- Ability to identify risks and opportunities, avoiding/minimising the former and capitalising on the latter;
- Experience of leading, mentoring and organising internal employees and sub-contractors;
- A proven aptitude for understanding clients’ requirements and delivering these on time and on/under budget without compromising industry standards;
- An excellent working knowledge of UK and European legislation and the planning system particularly in negotiating effectively with regulators;
- A proven track record in the design and implementation of practical, innovative and achievable mitigation strategies for protected species;
- Capable of writing the ecology chapter of an ES;
- Ability to balance and manage priorities, and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues whilst working under pressure; and
- An area of specialism, botany, bats and ornithology being the most desirable, and holder of 1 or more survey and/or development licences.
The client offer regular pay reviews in line with performance, an annual performance related bonus, private health care, a pension scheme and professional development.
For further information on this role or to submit a CV please contact Jack Bartlett on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0121 616 7187 quoting the reference number ENV561.