Project Manager - Geo-environmental
Durham or London
£30,000-40,000 + benefits
My client has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Geo-environmental Project Manager to join a growing multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy. Based in the Durham or London office, this role will involve delivering geotechnical & environmental solutions and advisory services on projects within the property and construction sector.
The client is a nationwide, multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy specialising in Environment, Health & Safety and Sustainability advice and support within the Property Development, Asset Management, Corporate and Industrial markets. They work hard to attract the best people, not only on the merits of academic qualifications but also on their personal achievements, energy and passion for life.
- An effective track record of managing the practical, technical and financial aspects relating to developing proposals for the completion of projects and delivering projects.
- Extensive working knowledge of field investigation work, laboratory testing methods and scheduling, assessing and interpretation of results of analysis and findings of field work.
- Extensive working knowledge of the design of ground models and conceptual site models.
- Production of structured factual reports and interpretative reports assimilating desk study data, site information and information from third parties to provide solutions to the client's issues as determined by the brief.
- Provision of commercially sound, solution-based advice.
- Knowledge of analytical skills using computer software and technical guidance documents for the assessment of data to determine the required outcome for the project.
- Sound communication and personal effectiveness skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels within the business, with clients, subcontractors and other third parties (regulators, statutory consultees, etc.).
- Technical competence to challenge regulators to achieve a commercially favourable outcome for clients.
- Work as a Project Manager within a Team/Business Unit. Responsible for management, financial and technical input to proposals and project management of resources (office or site based) and sub-contractors, as well as financial performance. Manage, coach and mentor staff where line management responsibility has been allocated and in the delivery of projects.
- Engagement in direct account management and development as part of an Account Management Team.
- To provide line management to a Team, where such responsibility has been allocated, to include completion of appraisals, training programs, holiday and sickness reporting and to address, with assistance, any issues.
- To effectively communicate and manage a delivery team to achieve a project brief through provision of efficient and professional services.
- With the minimal support of an appropriate person at Director-grade, provide commercially sound solutions to technical problems and communicate outcomes in an effective and balanced way.
- With the limited support of a Business Unit Manager/Technical Director, or in isolation, to provide solutions to technical problems and to write technical reports.
- To act in the capacity of report signatory and to recognise and understand the responsibilities that this entails.
- To work within and be a champion