My client is a large, national Construction & Property company that has been operating at the higher end of the market for decades. They are a household name in the construction and property industry Australia wide and have been responsible for delivering some of Sydney’s most recognisable, iconic building projects. They have a long history of delivering Residential and Commercial projects up to $100 Million and are certainly a name that would enhance the reputation of any employer who has worked for them.
They have recently won a number of very high profile mixed use build jobs in South Sydney and Western Sydney and with more the come on line early 2016 they are looking to expand their project teams across the board. I am particularly concerned about securing the services of a Contracts Administrator to join an established project team to work on a major Design & Construct project worth- $40 Million. A mixed use, residential / retail build not too far from site set up.
The primary roles and responsibilities:
- Assist the contracts manager with reviews of contracts
- Ddrawing of scopes of work
- Letting each tender package and making recommendation to the PM
- Cash flow and reporting, project reporting
- Managing variations, progress claims and payments
- Project finalisation – defects, manuals, claims and variations close of
The successful candidate will need to display the following:
- Construction management degree or equivalent
- Circa 5 years or so experience working in a similar position
- Experience working on Residential or Commercial build projects at $40 Million plus
- A history of longevity with former, reconginseable mid-tier of larger contractors
- A strong knowledge of the Australian building codes and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As this role will develop into a contracts managers role, possibly on completion of this project a demonstrable ambitions and history of progression in former employers will be highly regarded.
The company can offer unparalleled career progression and access to some of the most awe inspiring build projects in Sydney. On top of this they can offer a salary between $100 - $140K with excellent benefits and bonuses for top performers. Certainly an employer of choice.
If interested in knowing more please call Owen Walsh on (02) 80 05 20 0 0 or e-mail your CV to owen. Walsh @ fusionpeople.com.au