This role for Business Support Manager has been released on a temporary basis for 3 months initially.
Main Duties will include:
* Lead, support and motivate the team to embed the responsive repair and voids service, provide an excellent service to customers and internal colleagues alike. Ensuring:
* Effective query management and stakeholder response
* Support to operational teams Lead training and educational sessions on the contract arrangements. Ensure all polices and procedures are kept updated.
* To assist with the preparation of annual budgets and to manage and monitor financial position of ASR. Expenditure is maintained in line with budget. Regular dialogue with the operational teams highlights any reforecasting or budget pressure at any early stage.
* Team Management To be responsible on a day to day basis for the control & supervision of staff Ensure that all staff/consultants have a clear understanding of their roles, responsibilities and targets, and of their personal role in the delivery of their team’s and the Group’s objectives.
* Ensure staff have a clear understanding of the performance levels required Provide, or make arrangements for the provision of, technical and other training, support and expertise to make sure that staff members are not required to undertake tasks that exceed their capabilities.
* Ensure in-house training & support is given to staff. To assist in staff and sub-contractor recruitment where appropriate
You should match the following criteria:
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent Educated to degree level, HNC level or equivalent in an appropriate discipline. A clean current driving license and use of a car.
- Knowledge & Understanding Knowledge of delivering support services to a Housing Maintenance service. Good knowledge and experience of forms of contract & partnering. Knowledge of current legislation relevant to Asset Management and Health and Safety
- Skills Ability to communicate clearly orally and in writing both within and outside the Association. Effective staff management. Ability to follow procedures, plan and prioritise. Ability to write and present reports. Negotiating skills. Ability to project manage Financial and budget management skills Ability to liaise effectively with staff, tenant’s contractors and consultants.
- Experience Relevant experience, preferably within the housing sector. Proven track record of delivering projects to time and budget. Experience of using computers for statistical analysis. Experience of communicating with diverse groups and ability to implement Equality and Diversity action plans
To apply please forward your CV ASAP