A very interesting Project Management opportunity has opened up due to the organic growth of this multi-disciplined top tier Commercial Contractor. Interesting because we are not looking to take on an established project manager but rather a Junior Project Manager or recently appointed Project Manager who has delivered perhaps 2 – 3 projects as the lead on the project but is keen to step up to take on more responsibility, take on larger projects or perhaps move to a more stable, respected Contractor.
This represents a genuine (and rare) opportunity for an up and coming projects manager who has the confidence and drive to step into a major player and be given the reigns on large mixed use build while still having strong support from the established and very experienced Construction Manager- A perfect role if you fit the above criteria.
Operating across the commercial, residential, institutional and aged care spaces for many decades they are amongst the most respected in the industry. A very recogniseable brand that equates to quality and community. They deliver projects up to $100 Million and cover every conceivable build space in the ground up arena. They can offer genuine and very attractive career progression and a broad portfolio of projects to add to your Resume. Beyond this, you will be given the opportunity to take on interesting projects while still getting the mentoring you still require- you can paddle your own canoe but have the safety of a very heavy hitting construction manager mentoring you along the way. A great role for the right project manager.
As project manager you will manage construction projects, initially in the $10 - $30 Million bracket as you find your feet in a new organization. Responsible for the complete projects from a cost, safety, quality and time perspective. They will cover everything from a university build, a hospital to a residential high rise to a commercial office block. The first project will be a mixed use build, intricate but very manageable.
- Must possess a degree or trade qualification in a construction related discipline
- Must have at least 1 project under your belt as a project manager
- Coming from a mid to top tier environment
- Must be coming from a respected and systems driven contractor
- Longevity with your former employers- this is a long term move- stability a must
- Experience working on projects in the $30 - $50 Million bracket
- Specific project experience is not essential but a mix is desireable
- You must have be career driven and have a genuine plan for your career- this will be met
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
On offer is a clearly defined career path in a major top tier, one of the most respected, the opportunity to work as a project manager while still getting much needed mentoring from a genuine A grade operator and a very stable career with a strong work life balance.
If interested in a confidential discussion email your CV to owen.walsh @ fusionpeople.com.au or call (02) 8 0 0 5 2 0 0 0