The role of repairs supervisor has been released on a temporary basis for 3 months
- Ensure that operatives in the team are able to achieve maximum efficiency and effectiveness by planning and scheduling the work taking action to address any imbalance.
- Plan the overall labour resource needed to deliver the programme. If there are any significant labour imbalances bring these to the attention of the team leader in time to ensure effective action can be taken.
- Manage, support and motivate the operatives in your team, follow the quality management system and ensure they are recruited, trained, managed, appraised and developed effectively in accordance with Hounslow Homes policies and procedures.
- Provide effective performance management (including monthly one to one meetings) to the workforce under your control. Set sound targets for operatives, monitor implementation and ensure early action is taken if performance is falling short of objectives.
- In the absence of the Project Manager ensure that there are always effective cover arrangements in place in the team so that there is no disruption to front line service delivery.
- Plan and ensure jobs are executed so that there is minimum tenant /leaseholder disruption.
- Make full and appropriate use of IT to achieve best value outcomes, ensuring you are familiar and competent at using the systems and programmes in place.
- Ensure that the quality of work undertaken by the team meets the required technical standards and secures customer satisfaction.
- Review any works that are not completed on time and any where a recall or refix has been required. Determine the cause of the problem (including organisational learning opportunities), discuss with the team leader, and where appropriate take action in order to avoid repeat occurrences.
10. Ensure details of all work completed are being recorded. Review variations identified by operatives on jobs, ensure that the correct schedules of rates (where applicable) are being used, identify any changes that should be introduced in future, and/or training issues.
11. Provide support and assistance to any quantity surveyor that may be part of the team in preparing valuations and final accounts.
12. Provide support and guidance to operatives during the course of work, so that correct outcomes are achieved first time. They may entail on-site inspections, as well as telephone and electronic communications.
13. Review materials held in stores and arrangements for direct purchases to ensure that the high frequency items are part of the core stock holding and other items are available at the time required.
14. Where required, provide technical support on addressing particular maintenance, refurbishment or disabled adaptation works. managed, monitored and completed within time and quality standards.
15. Give clear direction to any sub-contractors or other sections within Hounslow Homes undertaking work on your behalf, ensuring this work is completed on time, to the correct quality and that costs are controlled.
16. Undertake particular investigations under the direction of the team leader. For example, investigate jobs that incur a high level of variations or time delay. Ensure any loss making types of work are identified and reviewed and work with the team leader to take action to address any such problems.
You should match the following criteria:
- Experience of successfully controlling a multi-disciplinary customer focused direct labour work force using modern IT in a public service or social housing environment.
- Good knowledge of domestic building technology, maintenance and refurbishment work in public sector housing and the Decent Homes Standard utilising this to achieve cost efficient and effective outcomes.
- Experience of working in a supervisory capacity on a significant service based programme of work (approximately £1m or higher) utilising schedules of rates and a partnering approach successfully – on time and budget
- An understanding of maintenance schedules of rates, partnering contracts and/or service level agreements, housing repairs legislation and construction health and safety legislation.
- Experience of supervising a workforce in an environment where there were clear, explicit service targets, with evidence of consistently meeting the targets set.
- Commitment to equal opportunities, knowledge of key issues for different types of tenants/leaseholders, and evidence of making a contribution to meeting equal opportunities objectives.
To apply please forward your CV ASAP