Our client, a large insurance company based in Chester, is looking to recruit a claims handler to fulfil a 6 to 9 month contract handling a portfolio of motor claims from intimation to settlement.
You will be handling third party and accidental damage claims in a cost effective manner in accordance with the group guidelines, procedures and claims philosophy with the main duties being:
• Deciding on legal liability and policy liability issues
• Compliance with all regulatory and internal systems controls
• Identifying cases which may be suitable for the group fraud and rehabilitation programs
• Initiating and coordinating investigations into liability and quantum
• Negotiating with claimants and their representatives
• Reviewing and estimating on current claims files
• Handling litigation and fraud cases
• Using the telephone to negotiate claim settlements with claimants’ solicitors.
Candidates must have experience in dealing with Motor claims from advice through to settlement.
To apply for this position, please e-mail your CV to: