Our client is a national construction and facilities company and is the largest British subsidiary. an exciting opportunity has arose for an experienced Senior BIM engineer to join their highways team in Ashford Kent.
Summary of Role:
Main functions of the role are:
- Provide BIM delivery support for tenders, project teams and FM; including preparing COBie spreadsheets, 3D and 4D models, following company and industry, standards and processes
- Create, modify and review multi-discipline BIM models using suitable authoring and checking tools
- Support company in BIM development, including conducting training sessions and preparing presentations
- Develop strategy documentation, including standards, processes, training plans and project BIM reporting
- Create and maintain the necessary BIM procedures and project specific BIM Implementation Plans
- Liaise with and support the VCUK divisions to ensure that the employer and project information requirements are understood and being implemented on projects
- Manage and maintain, with the close support of IT, BIM related software and its procurement and distribution within the company
- Communicate and plan how the project teams should be capturing the asset information as per the Employers Information Requirements
Specific Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Understand, support and implement the delivery of Level 2 BIM using the industry standards: BS 1192:2007, PAS 1192-2:2013, PAS 1192-3:2014 and BS 1192-4:2014
- Understand and implement BIM guidance documents, such as the CIC Protocol
- Evaluate Employers Information Requirements (EIRs), provide feedback and queries on EIRs to tender and project teams, and client technical BIM support, where necessary
- Deliver 3D models which meet client requirements and client, industry and corporate standards
- Use, populate, audit and manage the relevant Common Data Environment on projects, this will be hosted on the internet-based 4Projects, unless otherwise specified by the client
- Support and advise project teams in implementation of BIM, including deliverables such as COBie
- Deliver 3D and 4D models as specified on work request forms submitted from the project or tender team
- Conduct quality audits on BIM implementation on projects, record and communicate non-compliances to the project team and subcontractors/designers, where applicable
- Competent in using the following software; 4Projects 3G, Bentley AECOsim, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Civil 3D, Bentley Navisworks, Synchro and Solibri Model Checker
- Assist in managing BIM core team’s workload
- Gives guidance and technical advice in order to develop others
- Communicate to technical and non-technical audiences
- Participate in technical discussions to develop solutions
The ideal candidate will be able to Communicate effectively in both written and spoken form with colleagues, vendor suppliers, clients, subcontractors and supply chain scenarios .
Our client seek to reward experience, performance & qualifications by offering a highly competitive salary + Package.
For further information please contact Korell on 02076531363.