This organisation are looking for a Principal Planning Officer to work in Development Management, this is a 6 month contract initially. The rate will be negotiable depending on experience.
* Be involved in direct service delivery for specific areas of Development Management and provide the technical lead for applications and other casework to deliver a work programme
* Manage development proposals through the development process including examining, processing and evaluating major planning and related applications including pre-and post-application advice, site inspections, negotiations, preparation and presentation of reports to a range of audiences.
* Prepare written statements and committee reports, including proofs of evidence in relation to a range of appeals, and present evidence at hearings, and public inquiries, and at court proceedings.
* Work with colleagues to prepare documents and negotiate contributions for developer section 106 contributions and securing Community Infrastructure Levy
* Academic qualifications in Town and Country planning or similar at Honours degree level or above, or in exceptional circumstances equivalent experience to give an in-depth level of knowledge necessary to undertake the most complex cases.
* Significant practical experience of working in Development Management giving rise to a variety of technical skills and thorough understanding of the principles of the work practices and processes involved.
* Eligibility for membership of the Royal Town Planning Institute or approved professional qualification relevant to the area of work
* Evidence of working in Development Management
Please send your most updated CV to Grant Wilson by clicking apply now.