SOLUTION ARCHITECT (EMERGENCY SERVICES & TRAINING)
Purpose of role
The Solutions Architect will work alongside the technical team, sales teams and prospects/customers to design solutions that meet the needs of the business. You will be responsible for designing and presenting solutions to the customer and staff through discussion, presentations, whiteboard workshops, proposals and diagrams.
Skills and Experience
- Strategic business acumen and understanding of business strategy and ability to identify technology/digital systems to delivery that strategy
- Experiencing in assessing a broad range of IT solutions and products
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Some experience of with working with board level stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritise and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
- Results oriented with ability to produce products that deliver business benefit
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and cost high level solution architecture designs
- Experience of supporting bids
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
- A minimum of four years in a professional senior role such as technical lead, team lead, architect, or other hands on leadership role ideally for a major consultancy or system integrator
Key Behavioural competencies
Stands back from situations and thinks expansively when setting direction, developing solutions or solving problems.
Communicates with High Impact
Conveys information in a clear, succinct and compelling manner that captures and holds attention and enhances reputation and credibility.
Drives Innovation & Change
Uses market knowledge, customer needs and business insight to drive creativity and to initiate change. Generates new approaches to deal with problems and opportunities and inspires others to do the same.
Influences with Integrity
Understands how to partner with diverse stakeholders to develop ideas and plans to advance mutual interests and business goals. Builds trust through the process.
Drives for Results
Sets high expectations and goals for self and for others. Ensures implementation of plans or projects in a timely, efficient and effective manner. Initiates action and persists to completion. Is tenacious and focussed in execution of actions to meet business goals. Follows through on own commitments and builds commitment in others. Makes effective and sound decisions with speed.
Demonstrates a keen understanding of financial and other quantitative business data. Manipulates this data to get to the heart of business issues and opportunities. Shows depth of knowledge of the commercial and financial landscape when negotiating, making proposals and reaching sound business decisions.
Builds and Leads Teams
Develops, motivates and guides a team –formal or virtual - towards success. Inspires others to perform at their best.
Passion for Learning
Conveys a hunger to learn and for new information, knowledge and experiences. Learns from past experiences / mistakes. Accurately reflects on own behaviour and actions and continuously develops self. Rapidly learns new skills, grasps new concepts and acquires new ways of seeing things. Develops knowledge and technical expertise.
Major Activities / Accountabilities
- Partner with the business to understand sector and business units strategy and agree IT solutions to meet their needs
- Maintain an awareness of business solutions such as Fleet/Asset Management, ERP, Business Intelligence and CRM and other relevant technologies that might support business mission
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting IT solutions solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Develop and maintain a model of Land’s current and future IT systems architecture, integration and solutions roadmap
- Understand and support to software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions
- Support bids and business change in estimating cost, and preparing business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
- Work with the Project Managers, other Architects and Business Analysts to develop high level project definitions for implementation of projects.
- Work closely with the IT leadership team to ensure solutions are transitioned seamlessly from pipeline to delivery and the solution delivers what was designed.
- Educated to Degree level, advanced degrees (MBA, Masters) preferred
- Full driving licence
- Experience of working with engineering and technical leads to define asset information specifications and standards for complex and critical assets.
- Experience of deploying solutions across complex environment, ideally including at least one of the Babcock Land’s existing markets
- Experience of working with internal and external customers to define portals to access and visualise asset performance and works data.
- Experience in leveraging asset related data in providing decision support, data visualisation and analysis.
- Suite of excellent solutions that meet or exceed stakeholder/customers expectations for both functionality, availability and performance.
- Support the development and delivery of the IT strategy
- Project experience and learning is shared effectively to create organisational value