SOLUTION ARCHITECT(Emergency Services &Training)
Purpose of role
The Solutions Architect will work alongside the technical team, sales teams and prospects/customers to design solutions that meet the needs of the business. You will be responsible for designing and presenting solutions to the customer and staff through discussion, presentations, whiteboard workshops, proposals and diagrams.
Skills and Experience
- Strategic business acumen and understanding of business strategy and ability to identify technology/digital systems to delivery that strategy
- Experiencing in assessing a broad range of IT solutions and products
- Excellent communication skills with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences. Some experience of with working with board level stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritise and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
- Results oriented with ability to produce products that deliver business benefit
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude
- Team player with experience leading and collaborating cross-team to ensure successful delivery of solutions
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills - demonstrating outside-the-box problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and cost high level solution architecture designs
- Experience of supporting bids
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent
- A minimum of four years in a professional senior role such as technical lead, team lead, architect, or other hands on leadership role ideally for a major consultancy or system integrator
Major Activities / Accountabilities
- Partner with the business to understand sector and business units strategy and agree IT solutions to meet their needs
- Maintain an awareness of business solutions such as Fleet/Asset Management, ERP, Business Intelligence and CRM and other relevant technologies that might support business mission
- Lead in designing, specifying and selecting IT solutions solutions, considering functionality, data, security, integration, infrastructure and performance.
- Develop and maintain a model of Land’s current and future IT systems architecture, integration and solutions roadmap
- Understand and support to software architecture design and support development team in developing solutions
- Support bids and business change in estimating cost, and preparing business cases for IT solutions, considering infrastructure, licenses, development and support
- Work with the Project Managers, other Architects and Business Analysts to develop high level project definitions for implementation of projects.
- Work closely with the IT leadership team to ensure solutions are transitioned seamlessly from pipeline to delivery and the solution delivers what was designed.