Job Title: Production Controller/Supervisor
Reports to (Job Title): Wheel Shop Production Manager
Responsible for Production Control and Planning. Utilise Rail Resources to maximise efficiencies to meet or exceed company targets. Updating customer spread sheets and liaising with customers.
Provide Assistance & Holiday cover to the Business Unit Manager & Account Manager
To Manage Resource Planning and Scheduling inclusive of Labour, Process & Materials to meet the customer and company targets whilst complying with company and statutory regulations.
Key Accountabilities/ responsibilities:
1. Compliance with Health & Safety, Quality, environmental and other Relevant Legislation
2. Plan Labour, Material and Machine usage to maximise WRS efficiencies.
3. Schedule internal and external workload to meet customer requirements and timescales
4. Produce production plans and schedules to achieve production objectives.
5. Input to MRP systems – Oracle Implementation
6. Progress reports on Work in Progress and where required update customers
7. Contribute to company tendering activities
8. Review efficiencies against plan
9. Documentation production, issue and final inspection.
10. Production of KPIs and other applicable measures
11. Provide assistance to the Business Unit Manager and Account Manager when required
12. Implementation of process improvements and lean manufacturing
13. Carryout internal audits and QBOs
14. Supervision of production staff
15. When required deputise for Business Unit Manager
16. Perform any other duties as appropriate within the individuals skills and competencies
Background & Experience:
- Experience in the Rail industry is highly desirable
- Excellent organisational, time management and planning skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and feed “lessons learnt” into processes
- Resource planning and control
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office tools
- HNC/ HND qualified is desirable
- Relevant trade qualification in relation to area of work
- Supervisory Management
Key Skills, Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Reliable, Passionate, Collaborative, Safety, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Teamwork, Leadership.
- Team Player
- Strong Customer Focus
- Strive for continuous improvements
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative