We are currently recruiting for a Deep Hole Borer based in Sheffield, Yorkshire.
Bredbury Machine Shop produces machined components for the oil and gas industry. The machine shop is a mixture of CNC and manual lathes, deep hole borers and milling machines.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret engineering drawings to customer specifications in order to produce components to the correct standards within the estimated production times.
- Select machine and appropriate tools required to manufacture components from engineering drawings, whilst working within company procedures.
- Ensure housekeeping standards are maintained to ensure a safe and clean working environment.
- 2 year machining experience within the oil and gas industry.
- Experience of machining high grade material.
- Experience of using vertical borers.
- Working knowledge of relevant tooling applications and machine tool capability including tool feed and speeds required to achieve efficient cycle times.