Private Sector Housing Officer
A new opportunity has become available to enforce, maintain and improve standards of private sector housing on behalf of the Authority.
You will be carrying out Health and Hazard Safety Rating System (HHSRS) assessments and determining the most appropriate course of action. Preparing and serving notices as appropriate and preparing evidence for and attending the Residential Property Tribunal, court and public enquiries.
Provide advice to tenants, private and social landlords, letting agents and other professional, statutory and voluntary agencies on housing conditions and the legislation relating to housing conditions, through individual contact and forums/events.
Risk assessing and inspection of Houses in Multiple Occupation in conjunction with the Fire Officer to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Relevant experience working within building or construction industry or within local authority
- An understanding and ability to carry out Housing health and safety rating system assessments (HHSRS)
- Building construction
- Specialist knowledge in housing legislation in particular houses in multiple occupation
- Level 4 Certificate or Diploma (previously HND/HNC in housing Building construction or equivalent or
- Degree in Environmental health
- £15.50 per hour PAYE / £19.51 per hour Umbrella
- Newton Abbot, Devon
- Temporary contract
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560