An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our busy Commercial Function in Cambridge for an experienced and ambitious Commercial and Contract Manager. This role, reporting to the Head of Commercial Aerostructures and Land Systems (A&LS), will focus on key A&LS projects to ensure Company commercial governance, compliance and control is adhered to, contract drafting and negotiation and change management.
- Working with Business Development and Sales teams to develop Commercial structures for new contracts. Taking the lead in shaping, drafting, negotiating and agreeing relevant Agreements
- Supporting bid teams by managing all commercial/contractual aspects relating to specific bids and proposals
- Communicating obligations, risks and important contract matters to the delivery team, including working closely with Supply Chain colleagues to ensure flow down of relevant head contract obligations
- Developing close working relationships with Customers, identifying and agreeing changes in scope of work and taking the lead for customer related issues with regard to contractual & commercial matters.
- Providing advice, assistance and guidance on a wide range of commercial matters to members of the business unit team including Project Directors, Project Managers & functional team members
- Collation of commercial data as required for business unit bids and projects (management briefings, reporting and information)
- Involvement in the development and implementation of commercial policy, procedure and practice
- Encouragement of good industry standard practice and self-assessment of quality and accuracy of commercial work within the commercial function of the business unit.
- Significant current Commercial/Contract experience
- Good grasp of business strategy and a wide appreciation of general business issues beyond a strictly Commercial remit
- A demonstrable record of working in a commercial environment, working on complex bids and contracts for a variety of military and commercial/civil customers.
- In depth working knowledge of payment methodologies, terms and conditions and other contractual documentation
- Significant experience in delivering commercial contracting, negotiation and administration
- Strong communication skills (both written and spoken) including excellent listening ability. Customer focused with the ability to see issues from the perspective of others
- Tenacious and driven with strong negotiating and influencing skills
- Solution focused, analytical, insightful and innovative
- Degree level education, preferably in Law, but other subjects will be considered.
- Membership of IACCM or CIPS would be of interest
Due to the nature of our business, all employment is subject to satisfactory references being obtained, attainment of either an MoD SC (Security Check), appropriate UK Criminal Record Check or Foreign Police Check (whichever is applicable depending on duration of UK residency) and, as applicable, a medical assessment.