I am looking to recruit a Development Manager for Affordable Housing projects in Birmingham.
An opportunity exists for an Development Manager / Consultant who will assist Seniors / Associates / Partners with delivering primarily residential consultancy advice on Mid Range , Affordable housing schemes in Birmingham and the surrounding areas
Overview of Role:
The position will be based within the Public Sector team which provides traditional Development Management advice with a heavy focus and complimentary skill set of Financial Modelling. Based in Birmingham, the team includes all manner of disciplines operating across the sector including Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Employers Agents and Joint Venture consultants. The team also crosses over with our Commercial Developers & Infrastructure teams.
The overall objective of the team is to enhance the value of their clients real estate assets across all segments of the development cycle
The team operates in both the public and private sectors; including private developers, institutional investors, housing associations, housebuilders and local authorities.
The successful candidate will form part of a varied team delivering development management services from inception through to delivery, advising around: -
- Large Scale residential led Estate Regeneration
- Private Rent / BtR
- Strategic Land and Garden Communities
- Joint Venture procurement and structuring
- Development and project management
- Business Planning / investment strategy
Advising a range of both Public and some Private developer clients on how to maximise their interests, particularly in the Built Environment. These consultancy projects typically fall in the following sectors; Joint Ventures, Strategic Land, New Towns, Urban Regeneration, Development Corporations and Business Planning/Investment.
The team advises clients on a broad range of development schemes and will require broad market knowledge, however specialist knowledge or a desire to acquire knowledge in Financial Modelling is welcomed. Knowledge of the residential sector is desired.
Development Management - design analysis, scheme development and liaison with sub consultants, contractual structures, development viability, planning negotiation, valuation, procurement, project management.
Financial Modelling - financial / cash flow modelling, preparing schedules and advanced spreadsheets, financial analysis, sensitivity testing, interpreting programmes and cashflow forecasting / optimisation, business models / investment case, property finance and funding.
The applicants may vary from newly graduated with a RICS accredited degree up to recently qualified under a suitable pathway. Those still seeking qualification through the APC process will be provided all the training required.
- Demonstrate willingness to up skill, strive forward and support the senior members of the team against business plan targets
- Support the senior members of the team
- Support projects across the sectors and segments for which the team operates
- Contribute to the continuing growth of the team by supporting on bids, collateral development, documentation management etc
- Ability to work as a team player and to meet deadlines and support seniors in delivering results
- Demonstrates the approach to solve problems and present solutions
- Excellent written and verbal skills, research and reporting skills
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
- Relevant business experience, including experience supporting large and complex projects
- Good communication skills, including the ability to liaise with peers and senior colleagues and build and maintain relationships
- Commercial awareness and organisational understanding
- A logical approach and ability to think through complex issues to co-ordinate multi-faceted aspects of projects and teams / workstreams
- Self-motivated and proactive, committed and organised, with the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in using relevant software and systems
If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.