We have an immediate opening for an Electrical Engineer. This is a full-time position. You will join our team of Electrical Engineers to assist in the design of new products and improve existing ones for the Military Land Domain. You will be involved in projects from bid, through design, manufacture and delivery through into aftermarket support.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- To set an example by consistently upholding the Marshall Values.
- Support the development of MLS as a prime or tier 1 supplier of integrated capability to enable entry into new markets.
- Ensure consistent systems engineering best practice and innovation is applied across all projects.
- Produce electrical installation designs while ensuring that the technical solution is fit for purpose and meet or exceed our customers’ requirements.
- To work within the allocated electrical engineering budget for each project.
- Production of electrical engineering drawings using AutoCAD Electrical.
- To work effectively within the project team and other areas of the business.
- Conduct peer checks of electrical drawings.
- Generate test specifications, schedules and reports.
- Produce procurement specifications for major bought-out equipment.
- Support the CE marking of in-house manufactured electrical equipment.
- Work effectively with all disciplines to ensure effective integration of electrical systems and components within mechanical restraints to ensure a defined electrical build standard.
- Provide technical guidance and support to the electrical production team, electrical field service engineers and remote teams.
- Facilitate generation of MLS Intellectual Property.
- Support meetings and events with potential customers.
You will possess a degree in an electrical engineering discipline or lower qualification supplemented by additional relevant experience. A City & Guilds qualification for BS 7671 IET Wiring Regulations is also required.The majority of systems operate on UK/EU standard voltages, so experience in design of these 3 phase and single phase systems is essential.
You will have the following skills and qualities:
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with energy and enthusiasm to all levels within and without the business.
- The ability to apply your skills and knowledge across a wide and diverse range of projects.
- Sound understanding of product safety and regulatory requirements.
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft Office software package, i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Personable and be able to develop open and honest relationships across all levels of the business.
- Must be able to work effectively on their own or as part of a team.
- Please send an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org