Occupational Health Specialist
As an Occupational Health Specialist you will proactively support and manage the continuing development of the company’s nurse led occupational health service, to improve and diversify the function in line with the needs of the business, the employees and supply chain.
About the role:
- Undertake contractor prequalification and tender evaluations as part of the procurement process with follow on of continuous monitoring of supply chain performance
- Support and implement a strategy for Occupational Health and Wellbeing that meets the business objectives, and works in collaboration with the wider people functions
- Provide commercially viable and focused solutions for addressing sector and social health and wellbeing issues e.g. aging workforce, obesity, muscular skeletal injuries, stress, resilience and physical fitness etc.
- Incorporate strategies of primary prevention and early intervention of adverse health effects
- Act as a change agent to educate, motivate and support employees to make healthy lifestyle choices based upon current public health best practice and guidance
- Assess and utilise specialists information and support for hazard identification and risk control e.g. noise assessments, ventilation and vibrations assessments, dust etc.
- Ability to work and collaborate with large stakeholder groups and communicate at all levels of colleagues across the organisation
- Registered General Nurse (degree or similar) and demonstrative experience in managing clinical interventions on a major project or programme recognising the challenges of a non-clinical manager e.g. establishing credibility to your internal customer and motivating and supervising a clinical team
- Maintain standards of practice and develop knowledge and skills with reference to competence developed by the NMC, FOM, RCN and new legal standards
- Experience in spotting opportunities and planning for the future business challenges with wider stakeholders.
- Experience of working with an external occupational health provider to deliver OH services for employees.
- Experience in developing occupational health standards and influencing health behaviours of employees and supply chain.
It is expected that you will actively promote and embed Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) in all your work and support and comply with all organisational initiatives, policies and procedures on EDI.
* Salary up to £45,000 + 15% flexible allowance on top (can be taken as cash value monthly) + excellent pension
* Flexible working hours, to be agreed with hiring manager
* Fantastic City Centre Offices