I am recruiting for a Ground Investigations Lead role based in London reporting to the Head of Ground Engineering.
Leading the Ground Engineering Ground Investigation team and work together with the GI Implementation Leader (part of the Construction Workstream Organisation) for the successful delivery of the GI investigations.
The Ground Investigation Leader is responsible for Technical Leadership of the Ground Investigation (excluding its delivery).
- identification, development and coordination of the ground investigation scope to address the requirements of the geotechnical and other teams (e.g. tunnelling/portals, highways, environmental, groundwater, contamination, sustainability, TPIs, archaeology, landscaping, architectural, etc).
- preparation of the ground investigation technical specifications including, but not limited to:
- on land, near-shore and over-water investigations, traditional invasive investigations (ie. boreholes, trial pits, SPT, CPT, window sampling, seismic coring, etc);
- geophysics (ie. seismic, geoelectric, GPR, cross-hole and in-hole geophysics, over water mapping and profiling, etc);
- laboratory testing (ie. standard geotechnical, soil and groundwater contamination, aggressiveness of soil/groundwater to buried concrete, advanced testing for FEM parameters, specific testing for TBM, conveyors, etc);
- monitoring (ie. environmental monitoring of groundwater and ground-gasses, settlement, baselining, remote digital and analogic monitoring, etc); inclusion of AGS and GIS requirements; access to site, third parties, environmental aspects, etc
- Provide support to the Construction Workstream Organisation in relation to:
the preparation of ground investigation contract, budget and programme; provision of (office) technical support to the GI Commercial Manager in relation to changes;
Attendance of meeting with the GI contractor(s) to provide technical support to the Construction Team; Support in the selection of suitable ground investigation supervision resources.
Assurance and Quality
Communication and Reporting
Skills, knowledge, previous experience:
- Civil Engineering or Engineering Geology qualification is essential.
- Clear understanding of geology, geotechnics, civil engineering for transport infrastructures, environmental, contamination, monitoring, sustainability, GIS, forms of contracts, contract management is essential.
- Proven experience of working for the client during scheme development phase is essential.
- Previous continued experience on similar Highways and Tunnelling infrastructure schemes is essential.
- Proven experience of working in multi-discipline schemes is essential.
- Proven experience in specifying and managing large scale ground investigations is essential;
- Proven experience in managing a team is essential.
- NEC3 Contract administration experience is essential.
- Proficiency in administering commercial aspect relating to the management of the ground investigation essential.
- Ability to develop good relationships within a multidisciplinary environment and able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to the interface with Client as well as contractors.
- Good understanding of the London Basin geology as well as previous work experience in the area required.
- Good presentation skills
If interested, please send your CV to email@example.com.