Working as part of a small team, this role will support the Finance & Procurement section with the effective and efficient delivery of the finance service to the West of England Combined Authority.
The role of Assistant Accountant will include resolving relevant queries from internal and external audit, provision of financial information to the Head of Finance & Procurement and the Management Accountants as required, the completion of statistical and statutory returns, grant claims and the provision of relevant information for reporting to the Authority’s Committees.
- Experience of providing financial support in a dynamic and complex organisation
- Previous experience of preparing budgets and budget monitoring.
- Practical experience of preparation of final accounts.
- Experience of providing regular financial management information/advice to tight deadlines.
- Specific experience and understanding of financial and management reporting.
- Experience of performing complex reconciliations.
- Experience of delivering high-quality customer service (internal and external to the organisation)
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560