Head of Finance Operations
A new opportunity has become available to maintain a strong financial controls environment that supports the production of accurate and timely financial information, prompt payments to the supply chain, and provides central reporting, business planning and analytical capabilities for the project.
You will ensure that the organisation meets its externally agreed financial targets and complies with its internal and external financial reporting responsibilities. This will include close liaison with the DfT, HM Treasury and National Audit Office.
- Recruiting, retaining, developing and leading a strong financial reporting, financial planning and analysis, payroll and accounts payable teams (taking full accountability for their outputs).
- Developing, maintaining, reviewing and updating a strong internal control environment to ensure integrity and timeliness of period end and year end reporting with complete balance sheet reconciliations and analysis. Identifying and implementing process improvements were appropriate.
- Developing and leading the annual multi-year business planning, and budget setting processes leading to agreed workforce and non-workforce targets for recommendation to the Executive and the HS2 Ltd Board. This also includes quarterly forecast requirements for DfT.
- Communication skills and ability to interpret and communicate complex financial issues to non-financial colleagues
- Ability to interpret complex financial data and use it to support decisions and recommendations within the business
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex financial information throughout the programme lifecycle and to see HS2 from multiple dimensions
- Technical accounting skills (current IFRS and FReM understanding)
- Suitably qualified Accountant with experience of operating at a senior level in a complex environment which may include infrastructure projects
- Knowledge of accounting systems and the ability to develop and manage off-system analyses and records (e.g. spreadsheets)
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560