Contract – Start ASAP
£14.98 an hour PAYE + shift allowance
Contact Helen Phillips
Urgently looking for a Buyer to start a contract role in Aberdeen. There is a possibility this role could go permanent.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week; rotating shift Monday to Friday; the shifts are 7:30 to 15:30 / 8:30 to 16:30 & 14:30 to 22:30 - Plus shift allowance and weekend on call. Rates can be discussed on application.
As the Direct Buyer you will form part of the Procurement team and responsible for ordering aircraft parts. These purchases should be made within the budgetary constraints of the business to support the contractual service delivery requirements.
You will support the Head of Procurement and Supply Chain in the implementation of the Regional Supply Chain Strategy, Group policies and the utilisation of their preferred suppliers as directed by the Head of Function. This will include meeting regulatory requirements defined in the Part 145 Maintenance Organisation Exposition (MOE), and the regional and group financial governance.
Other duties will include but are not limited to:
- Work on the above shift pattern
- To action requisitions and obtain quotations for new aircraft parts, standard exchanges and repairs orders
- Update Requestors on a daily basis on the progress of any outstanding orders to allow for planning in the event of a delay in delivery and ensure the back order report is kept up to date ensuring all orders are chased through to receipt.
- To resolve all Vendor Queries (VQ) that relate to Direct Purchase Orders in order to avoid any unnecessary delay in fitting the part to the aircraft.
- It is the responsibility of the Buyer to actively pursue savings on all non PBH aircraft parts and keep an accurate record of savings achieved
- The on call Buyer has the responsibility to ensure that any AOG parts are delivered in the fastest, most costs effective method possible ensuring compliance with OpCo processes and procedures.
- Provide a report of all savings achieved at the beginning of each month to the Head of Procurement and Supply Chain
- To ensure that core returns are tracked and shipped back to the supplier within the designated time constraints detailed within the OEM agreement
- Daily, analyse data from IAS BI reports and identify any changes that are required to the Min/Max levels of the relevant aircraft stock and amend as necessary.
- To create, develop and publish KPI reports using Microsoft Excel each month to be included in the monthly OpCo pack.
- Attend meetings, take minutes and action any required tasks as necessary.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as requested by your Line Manager
Experience and Education required:
Previous experience in a similar role is essential (2+ years)
Share this post