Senior Network Technician
Mon-Friday (9 to 5)
Duration: Minimum 6 months
My client are currently recruiting for a Senior Network Technician for a role based in Truro. The ideal candidate will be Responsible for providing 3rd line support and maintenance of a large Enterprise Voice and Data LAN / WAN (Cisco / HP) with focus specifically on Network Perimeter configuration primarily utilising Checkpoint and Juniper security products. The successful candidate will work as part of the Network, Hardware and Facilities team alongside highly experienced engineers across the network, voice, security, server and Data Centre technology areas.
- The progression of incidents and problems in line with targets and commitments held within the Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Production and reporting of technical performance information appropriate to the area in which the role operates
- Monitor trends in system activity, agree technical policies for future development and optimise performance at solution and appliance operating system level.
- Availability Management across infrastructure and solutions appropriate to the area in which the role operates
- Involved with formal projects and change requests, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner in accordance with current standards, policies and procedures
- Creation and implementation of procedures relating to the deployment and use of Information Service solutions
- Demonstrable, applied knowledge of configuration and support of Checkpoint and Juniper firewalls and configuring site to site VPN’s in a large complex environment is essential.
- Certification in and/or relevant and recent in-depth experience of Checkpoint, Juniper, Cisco & HPE/Aruba technologies is desirable.
- The organisation supports a large network of sites that spans the whole of Cornwall and Isles of Scilly. The ability to be able to diagnose network faults is essential.
- The organisation currently runs a Cisco Core and HPE/Aruba Distribution/Edge switch environment. Extensive experience of supporting medium to large routed networks is essential.
- Performing troubleshooting to system failures and identify bottlenecks to ensure long term efficiency of network.
If you would like more information please do call me on 0117 917 4560 and ask for Courtleigh.