Public Enquiry Officer
Full time – 1 year FTC
£20,000 - £22,000
Contact Helen Phillips
As part of the Public Enquiry Office (PEO) team at Medway Police Station the role is to be the first point of contact for members of the public which includes giving and receiving information, dealing with enquiries and complaints and offering advice and guidance as appropriate. Undertake general clerical and support duties in order to ensure the provision of an efficient, effective and timely front counter service.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Receive visitors to the public enquiry desk, ensuring that callers receive a high quality service at all times and that those requiring entry to the station or premises have the relevant checks made and passes issued in line with current security measures.
- Undertake a range of enquiry desk functions, including witnessing the signature of persons on bail (or endorsing the bail record where appropriate), checking driving licence etc.
- Receive incoming telephone calls of a diverse nature from members of the public, other agencies, internal staff etc. and evaluate the nature of the call, to ensure that the correct information is obtained and that appropriate action is taken.
- Provide routine advice, information and guidance to members of the public
- Accept and record incidents reported at the station
- Administer, monitor and maintain all relevant records and information systems to ensure information is accurate, accessible and retrievable by others. Accept money and cheques from warrants, donations etc. or counterfeit currency and account for them in line with local procedures.
- The PEO team shall operate the accident reporting system and crime reporting system in accordance with the Authority's Procedures.
- Assist with investigation of complaints and service failures
You must have a working background within this role or similar with excellent communication skills. A front of house role or similar where you have been dealing with members of the public.
It would be an advantage to have experience working within the police.
Training will be provided.
This role works on a rota covering a 7 days week operations, so typically could be 4 days on 4 days off.
A driving licence will be required.