Solicitor x 2
PAYE: 220.88 LTD 275.00
Short term contract
8.30 – 17.00
Monday – Friday
My client are currently recruiting for two solicitors for a role based in Stafford. The Law and Democracy Division sits within the Strategic Core. The Legal Services Unit provide high quality legal advice and support to all the Directorates within the Business and as such covers a wide range of legal work areas. The ideal candidate must have working knowledge of 31 Children Act 1989 as the role will involve child care litigation and legal advice for clients.
The conduct of child care litigation and legal advice on issues related to children.
- Legal advice on certain aspects of social services law relating to adults and the conduct of litigation on social services matters.
- Miscellaneous litigation.
- Adherence to the Legal Services Unit’s quality standards (Lexcel) including time-recording and contributing to the process of securing re-accreditation as and hen.
- To undertake in-service training as required by the training plan and to participate in the in-service training of other staff.
- Complex work relevant to length of experience.
- 2 years training experience completed.
- Minimum 2 years post qualification experience.
- Capable of working with relatively low level of supervision and professional support.
- Ability to competently manage a full case load of complexity.
- Ability to provide expertise to directly advise, guide or support operations.
- Ability to contribute by supporting or influencing through others.
- Must know and understand the theory and principles underpinning the relevant filed or discipline.
- Ability to use professional knowledge, combined with an understanding of council policy, to advise upon or determine the appropriate course of action.
If you are interested in hearing more information on the role please call me on 0117 917 4560 and ask for Courtleigh.