Job Title: Service Engineers
Location: Loughborough, Leicestershire. Nationwide Work.
Contract: 6 - 12 months
Pay Rate: £23.50 p/h
NATIONWIDE POSITION, MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL ANYWHERE IN ENGLAND FOR WORK
Must have an Electrical/Test Engineer bias, and have experience of working on HST Power Cars.
Will be required to work anywhere in England.
- Main depot is based in Loughborough, Leicestershire.
The key responsibility of the Service Engineer is to maintain, diagnose and repair powertrain equipment for passenger rail trains and all related products covered.
Key Duties & Tasks:
- Level 3 NVQ in Engineering. Electrically Qualified - C&G or Equivalent
- Electrical/Test Engineer bias, and have experience of working on HST Power Cars.
- Travel to field-based jobsites to troubleshoot and repair associated products.
- Electrical fault-finding component testing and diagnostic skills.
- Able to work with Automotive diagnostic software.
- Responsible for the installation, maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting and its associated products. Perform all repairs to Rail Industry Standard.
- Document service visits and generate reports with action items.
- Work to and support all relevant 5S activities.
- Submit personal expense reports, develop service reports, making travel arrangements.
- Be willing to take share of out of hours’ calls based on rota system in the Service Department and occasional away from home working to locations within the roster when full competency is achieved.