Immediate requirement for an Accounts Payable Manager, responsible for a small team, to be based in Greater London.
Reporting to the financial controller, this role will have overall responsibility for managing the efficient daily running of the accounts payable department, ensuring that purchase invoices are properly accounted and processed according to the company policies and procedures; that payments are made to all creditors within the agreed contract terms and in accordance with current available funds and that the necessary records and reports are maintained.
This role will also be responsible for developing a framework of continuous improvement, implementing and managing operational goals and KPI’s and monitoring achievements of performance and profit objectives.
• Ensure accuracy, timeliness, and efficiency in processing to align with operational needs
• Build strong relationships and work closely with suppliers to ensure efficiency in processes; ensure swift resolution of all payments or billing issues with suppliers, identifying and resolving the source of issues in an effective manner
• Manage monthly closing of accounts payable to agreed deadlines ensuring accuracy of financial statements, including determination of unposted invoice accruals for major suppliers; completion of supplier statement reconciliations in accordance with agreed schedules; completion of bank reconciliations and monitoring of the ledgers for debit balances and duplicate payments
• Work with the financial accountant in the preparation of the annual accounts and associated lead schedules for the external audit, providing information as required on a timely basis
• Working knowledge of VAT regulations to ensure accurate input VAT recovery and provision of VAT reports and analysis as required for VAT returns
• Partner with the Financial Accountant and finance business partners to support cashflow management
• Approval of all payment runs and ad hoc payments prior to group level approval being requested, ensuring all payments are properly authorised and queried items are not paid until resolved and that the correct payments are made to the correct creditors
• Lead the team in identifying and implementing process improvements to drive overall efficiency.
• Management and development of the purchase ledger team, planning directing and reviewing their work and selecting and hiring employees when required. Foster and maintain a positive work environment by emphasizing the importance of teamwork and by providing encouragement and regular positive feedback
• Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance, development, and work product. Create, implement, monitor and report on KPI’s to accurately assess performance and use data to inform management decisions/areas of focus and make recommendations for personnel actions
• Prepare and provide all management information and reporting for the accounts payable function including payment disclosure reporting for inclusion in the board packs
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Must have technical proficiency and knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Share this post