I am recruiting for a Senior Ecologist to be based out of Bristol, Birmingham or Warrington to Join an Ecology team as an Associate Technical Director.
The client is involved in a variety of large and interesting projects, including Highway and Rail Schemes, Power Stations, Electrical and Gas Infrastructure, and Residential Developments, and are working for a wide selection of clients based throughout the UK, such as EDF Energy, National Grid, Homes England, Environment Agency, Transport for London, Network Rail, The Canals and Rivers Trust and Housing Associations.
Overview of Role:
• Improve knowledge and practical skills (based on CIEEM’s competency framework) through on-the-job learning, affiliations and through continuing education/training, and to become either a specialist in one or more areas or have a wide range of generalist skills
• Be proficient in commercials aspects of project management, and manage selected projects (or parts of projects), meeting budgetary, quality and timeframe targets.
• Build and consolidate networks within the industry.
• Leading ecological field surveys and undertaking the analysis of survey results
• Overseeing ecological aspects of site work
• Carrying out site practical habitat creation/management work
• Assessing the impacts of proposed developments or changes in land management, developing recommendations for the mitigation of ecological impacts and devising monitoring schemes
• Producing survey reports, Environmental Statement chapters, licence applications and other similar documents
• Carrying out research projects, reviews of documentation and/or statistical analyses
• Taking responsibility for managing large complex projects and bids, including resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing risk, quality assurance, client feedback and ensuring effective communication of any changes/modifications
• General administrative/management tasks relating to project quality, Safety, Health and Environment (SHE) issues (including risk assessment)
• Attending project-related meetings and providing advice to clients
• Consulting with statutory and non-statutory consultees
• Providing leadership/training to junior staff
What You have to Offer:
• Relevant first degree and / or second degree in relevant field
• Full driving licence
• Full member of CIEEM
• Chartered Environmentalist/Ecologist
• Accomplished in a number of ecological specific topics
• Hold species-specific licences
If interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org