TIG + MIG WELDERS REQUIRED
Standard working week 39 hours
Hours: 8am until 4:30pm Mon – Thurs 8am – 3:30pm Friday
Holidays: 23 days per year plus 8 bank holidays
Pension Scheme 3% following probation completion,
Child Care vouchers,
Holiday Loyalty scheme for service,
Flexible working hours – as long as it is suitable to the business,
Our client is a precision metal manufacturer using the latest in CNC machinery to achieve excellent quality products. They are specialists within the Medical, Areo Space and Nucleur inducstries from light gauge sheet metal and tubular section from various materials such as Mild Steel, Stainless Steel, Galvanised and Aluminium.
They are currently looking to recruit a TIG + MIG welder with a strong light fabrication / welding background
- Measure and align work pieces using straightedges, clamps, and callipers
- Oversee the set-up of TIG welding equipment
- Operate power and hand tools such as arc welders, buffing machine, and linishers
- Oversee the selection and procurement of materials and equipment required for TIG welding
- Ensure compliance with established health/safety policies and regulations
- Carry out welding according to set dimensions to meet requirements
- Read and interpret production drawings in order to lay out a welding project
- Collaborate with works supervisor to ensure smooth work operations
- Maintain welding safety guidelines and regulations to ensure a risk-free work environment
- Monitor inventory level of materials to notify supervisor of stock shortage
- Hit targets
- Undertake other metal fabrication duties as required
The ideal candidate(s):
- Ability to read drawings an advantage.
- To understand technical plans.
- To be able to concentrate for long periods.
- Maths and measuring skills.
- Technical skills like knowing how to choose the right welding method for the job.