A new opportunity has become available to ensure that new roads and works to existing highway asset are laid out and constructed in accordance with approved drawings, and to OCC and national design/construction standards, specifications and policies. You will also assist the Road Agreements Manager in ensuring that high quality highway infrastructure is delivered and adopted as new highway asset in a timely and efficient manner.
- HNC or equivalent level of relevant experience in engineering or Construction discipline or alternative relevant qualification
- CSCS qualification
- City & Guilds Street Works Excavation & Reinstatement (supervisor level)(New Roads & Streetworks Act 1991)
- Experience of the road adoption process including Section 38, 278 and 219(private road agreement) of the Highways Act 1980
- Extensive Civil Engineering construction site experience, including sound understanding of highway infrastructure
- A working understanding and experience of road construction design and specifications and other associated infrastructure and its construction application
- Extensive experience and understanding of highway construction materials, their properties and uses
- Experience of liaising and negotiating with developers/civil engineering contractors (in both private and public sector) to resolve technically complex construction related problems
- Extensive experience in the use, interpretation and amendment of technically complex civil engineering drawings.
- Basic understanding of the relevant sections highway law relating to the function of this post.
- 12 month temporary contract
- £18.91 per hour
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia Jarrett on 0117 917 4560