Our client is a leading main contractor working as part of a joint venture to deliver the prestigious Euston Station redevelopment project. The partners will be responsible for working with HS2 Ltd and the station designers, to coordinate the delivery of the station, including platforms, concourse and links to the London Underground and other rail services.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Risk Manager to join their business on a permanent basis to identify, control and report risk within a section of the Euston Station Project.
- Implement the risk management process and apply it at project section level.
- Provide advice and guidance to Senior Managers and Project Managers in the application of the process and on the classification of programme and project level risks; ensure that the process is understood and fully utilised so that risks are effectively recognised and managed.
- Provide support to the Senior Management in the administration of the risk management process at project level, particularly with respect to risks to achievement of business benefits and the ability of other sub-programmes and projects to meet their objectives.
- Look across a section of the project and assist the Senior Managers to recognise opportunities to minimise risk through inter package and co-operation and synergy.
- Ensure that risk mitigation action plans are developed and that risk owners are appointed for all major risks to the project; ensure that project plans are updated accordingly and monitor implementation of the action plans developed.
- Lead the regular application of project level QRA and comment on the adequacy of contingency as part of the regular reporting cycle.
- Strong knowledge of risk management tools and techniques
- Strong understanding of construction projects ideally in the rail sector
- Strong knowledge of risk management software
- Strong understanding of statistical methods such as Monte-Carlo Analysis
- Past experience of large (£100m plus) projects