Our client is a leading main contractor working as part of a joint venture to deliver the prestigious Euston Station redevelopment project. The partners will be responsible for working with HS2 Ltd and the station designers, to coordinate the delivery of the station, including platforms, concourse and links to the London Underground and other rail services.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Systems Design Lead to join their business on a permanent basis to Lead manages all aspects of the Euston project’s interfaces with the current and new rail operations including minimising disruption the NW and LUL services, ensuring that operational and asset management requirements are full included in the station design and working with HS2 to ensure it has the necessary resources and training in place to operate and maintain the new station asset.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within a similar role within an appropriately sized engineering organisation.
- Educated to degree or higher level or equivalent in a numerate discipline, typically Engineering discipline (or related). A lower educational level, typically HNC or HND, may be acceptable where a very significant level of experience in a senior technical engineering role can be demonstrated.
- Membership of an appropriate Professional or Industrial body
- Previous experience on rail projects across London Underground, Network Rail, Crossrail (preferably London Underground)
- Excellent understanding of rail operation, more specifically Network Rail and LUL rail and station systems requirements
- Good understanding of systems integration