Our client is a leading main contractor working as part of a joint venture to deliver the prestigious Euston Station redevelopment project. The partners will be responsible for working with HS2 Ltd and the station designers, to coordinate the delivery of the station, including platforms, concourse and links to the London Underground and other rail services.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a MEPFC Design Lead to join their business on a permanent basis to be the Technical Lead and Accountable person for the design, and the engineering input during design, procurement, construction and handover for all elements of the Mechanical, Electrical, Public Health, Fire and Comms (MEPFC) related works, both permanent and temporary works.
- Liaise with Designers to manage the acceptance of design related deliverables.
- Tracking design deliverables and compliance in accordance with the relevant Technical Specifications/Requirements.
- Manage technical integration issues with other packages.
- Produce design briefs for temporary and permanent works.
- Produce survey briefings to support the design process.
- Review submissions as directed for quality, sufficiency and technical compliance.
- Ensure constructability reviews are held prior to design submission
- Where possible ensure Value Engineering opportunities are developed through the change control process.
- Manage necessary independent checking of design.
- Experience within a similar role within an appropriately sized engineering organisation.
- Educated to degree or higher level
- Membership of an appropriate Professional body
- Previous experience on rail projects across London Underground, Network Rail, Crossrail (preferably London Underground)
- Excellent understanding of all MEPFC systems, codes, LU standards relevant to the works
- Experienced dealing with MEP designers, contractors and subcontractors