Our client is a leading main contractor working as part of a joint venture to deliver the prestigious Euston Station redevelopment project. The partners will be responsible for working with HS2 Ltd and the station designers, to coordinate the delivery of the station, including platforms, concourse and links to the London Underground and other rail services.
Our client has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor and Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their business on a permanent basis to the cost and contract management aspects of work packages within the project from initiation to close-out.
- Administer contractual terms and conditions for suppliers and sub- contractors
- Support the assessment of EWN’s and compensation events
- Provide regular cash flow forecast of expenditure for package
- Report expenditure against the package budget on a monthly basis
- Support the change management process in conjunction with other functions
- Input to the monthly consolidated project-wide cost / expenditure report
- Assess potential contractor and supplier claims and make recommendations for settlement.
- Finalise contractor’s accounts and close out contracts for the project.
- Raising consultant, supplier or contractor instructions as necessary for signature by approved parties.
- Report on the expenditure of financial contingency built into the relevant packages.
- Provide schedules of rates and commercial input to tender documentation
- Undertake cost analysis of bid returns
- Assist the package project manager in resolving all financial commercial issues arising in the tender return
- Support the negotiation of two stage fixed price for relevant tenders
- Receive and review monthly valuations from contractors and prepare recommendation for signature by the project manager and designer
- Review all instructions issued by the project manager for cost implications
- Support the change control process and assist in identifying the cost implications of any proposed changes
- Support the project manager in the resolution of any claims and disputes as may arise with the contractor
Degree Qualified in Quantity Surveying