Corporate Risk and Insurance Manager
A new opportunity has become available to provide professional management of the corporate risk and insurance function and to lead on all risk management and insurance related matters to ensure the development of embedded risk management processes throughout.
- Leading the risk management and insurance team in providing the Council and external customers with an excellent customer focused service that complies with best professional practice and regulatory requirements.
- Developing and maintaining an effective framework for managing the Council’s risks and to promote, support and co-ordinate its implementation to ensure that sound risk management practice is accepted as an integral part of the Council’s business planning, budget setting and performance management processes, and is part of every manager’s role providing advice, information and training to elected members and senior officers (including the Chief Executive, Strategic Directors, Service Directors and project and partnership boards) on the identification and management of risks and to provide input into the Council’s corporate governance processes.
- Risk management/accounting/insurance qualification with demonstrable higher education achievement and a member of a professional body with clear evidence of continuing professional development.
- Demonstrable extensive experience in managing insurance portfolios and negotiating with insurance providers, brokers, loss adjustors and solicitors to ensure appropriate.
- Insurance policies are in place and claims are handled in a fair and reasonable manner.
- Excellent knowledge of corporate risk management and experience of developing and Implementing a risk aware culture in a large organisation at a manager level.
- Truro, Cornwall
- £350 to £400 umbrella daily
- Basic DBS
- Temporary contract initially until June 2019
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560