Do you have strong numerical and financial management skills? Are you practically minded with a flair for project management? Do you utilise these skills as a Quantity Surveyor? If so, then we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Our client; a well-established construction company based in central Derby, is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to work on a range of residential, industrial and commercial projects in and around the Midlands, ranging from £50k to £6m. Reporting directly to the Managing Director you will be responsible for subcontractor procurement, valuations and payments through to final account and will provide commercial support to the contracts team to effectively deliver projects within budget.
Key Elements of the role are:
• Working with the client to establish requirements and undertake feasibility studies
• Undertake cost analysis and management for project(s)
• Responsibility for Sub-Contract procurement and advise on procurement strategy
• Performing risk, value management and cost control
• Commercial Risk Management
• Provide advice on contractual claims
• Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
• Value completed work and arrange payments
• To maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
• Degree educated or equivalent
• Commercially managing small projects both refurbishment and new build up to £6m
• HND or equivalent Commercial qualifications
• UK based experience
• Microsoft packages.
• Full UK driving Licence.
Remuneration and benefits:
• Salary and package are dependent on experience
• Performance related bonus
• 24 days annual leave + BH and 2 week close at Christmas
So, if you have the right skills, experience and qualifications please apply now!