Trade Waste Officer
A new opportunity has become available to develop, improve and expand the existing countywide commercial waste service in order to retain the existing customer base and attract new customers to generate additional trade waste income.
- Develop, improve and expand the existing countywide commercial waste service in order to retain and increase the existing customer base and generate additional trade waste income.
- Set and agree objectives and strategies to achieve performance and income targets by targeting geographic areas, specific sectors and service delivery routes.
- Contribute to the delivery of promotional campaigns including the distribution of promotional material, cold calling potential customers by telephone, door to door promotion and the use of social media and advertising to attract new customers to the commercial waste service.
- Provide quotations to potential customers and promote the benefits of the council’s service with respect to environmental performance in recycling and diversion from landfill, reliability and quality, accessibility and locality, and competitive rates.
- Experience of working in an income based operational-related area.
- Experience of working with customers in a sales related capacity.
- Experience of maintaining manual and computer records.
- Experience of successfully managing financial and staffing resources within a comparable organisation.
- Experience of successfully managing contracts to deliver higher performing customer focussed services.
- A successful track record of engaging effectively with others and building productive partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Cullompton, Devon
- Initially 3 – 4 month contract
Please apply as soon as possible or call Olivia on 0117 917 4560